The Houston GPA Midstream provides scholarships each year to support college students who are interested in pursuing a career in the Midstream Industry. These scholarships are awarded to students who will positively impact the industry and Houston market by furthering the future of the midstream industry and gas processing. Funding for each year’s recipients is made possible by company sponsorships, donations, and fundraisers throughout the year such as the annual golf tournaments and sporting clay event. We are greatly appreciative of our generous sponsors and members who help make this scholarship program possible!
Committee membership will include the following – all of which hold current positions as a Director of HGPA:
An Alternate Chairperson
The remainder of the committee is made up of other active HGPA Members.
HGPA has created a dedicated Scholarship Committee whose primary purpose is to:
- Raise student awareness of HGPA Scholarship Program on respective campuses.
- Raise awareness of the gas processing industry awareness in the engineering faculty & student populations at schools.
- Provide secondary benefits, such as networking between GPA members, etc.
- Solicit student applications for scholarship award consideration
- Review applications and essays while providing a candidate recommendation list to the Board.
- Candidates will be awarded scholarships based on criteria including, but not limited
to, quality of application, industry involvement, declared major, experience, GPA, etc.
- Inform successful candidates of the award and invite them to the HGPA Regional Conference for recognition
- Scholarship checks will be sent directly to the student’s registered University before the following semester
The Scholarship Committee meets as necessary and may arrange their meetings in concert with the regularly scheduled board of director’s meetings. The general schedule for affecting the purpose of the Scholarship Committee is as follows:
December: Send letters to 4-year college department heads requesting candidates to apply
April: Review applications, the committee submits a recommendation to board, board approves recipients, recipients informed
May: Scholarship recipients encouraged to attend the HGPA luncheon for recognition of scholarships and networking opportunities.
August/September: Send scholarship checks to respective universities.
Our 2022 Local Scholarship application window will open on February 9th. Scholarship recipients will be notified at the end of April and will be invited to the HGPA luncheon in May for recognition.
The deadline for scholarship applications for the 2022-2023 school year has been EXTENDED! Applications must be emailed to email@example.com prior to June 4th, 2022. The Houston GPA Midstream Scholarship Committee will review the applications and award prior to July 1st, 2022. Recipients will be extended an invite to an HGPA luncheon for networking and recognition.
Requirements for Eligible Applicants:
- Be pursuing an engineering, chemical engineering, construction management, finance, business, or welding degree.
- The student demonstrates a high likelihood of working in the midstream industry upon graduation.
- The committee is especially interested in students with field experience or who have interned for midstream companies.
- Students who have parents or close relatives that work for HGPA Midstream member companies.
- Have completed 30 credit hours or more at the time of the application.
- Maintain a 2.8 GPA or greater (4.0 scale.)